EZCNN 易英网

当前位置:Home 英语教材 Intermediate English Trend (趋势) My Ringtone, Myself 手机铃声显示自我个性

My Ringtone, Myself 手机铃声显示自我个性

 

课文朗读

 

课文讲解

 

繁體中文譯本

 

Siblings Shane and Jaeda are having lunch together:  尚恩和纪达是兄妹,两个人一起吃午餐:

 

J: (on cell phone) Okey … bye. (hangs up) Sorry about that.

(用手机讲话中)好…再见。(收起电话)真对不起。

 

S: No problem. When your phone rang, I though Avril Lavigne was jamming next door. What’s the deal?

没关系。妳的手机铃声响起的时候,我还以为是艾薇儿在隔壁演出呢。那是什么?

 

J: That’s my new “Complicated ” ringtone. I downloaded it yesterday.

那是我的新「和弦」铃声。我昨天下载的。

 

S: You get your ringy, err …. sounds from the internet?

妳从因特网上弄来的炫……铃声?

 

J: They’re called “ringtones,” you Luddite! And yes, I subscribe to a website that offers ten ringtones for NT$200 a month, so I can change when I want and stay current.

这叫做「和弦」铃声,你这科技白痴。没错啊,我上网订购的,每个月付新台币200元,就会提供10首铃声,这样我可以随时更换铃声,走在时代的尖端。

 

S: My old-school phone does its job just fine.

我手机的老式铃声也一样好用。

 

J: Please. Monophonic ringtones are so 1990s. My distinctive ringtone make it easy for me to tell when my phone rings in a crowd. And I choose ringtones that reflect my personality

拜托。单音铃声已经老掉牙了。铃声与众不同时,在人群中铃响,立刻分辨得出是自己的手机。而且我选用反应我个性的铃声。

 

S: I’ll bet the music industry isn’t altogether pleased.

我猜音乐界并不喜欢这回事。

 

J: Well, there’ve been objections. But lots of ringtones services, like mine, are legal.

他们是有表示反对,但是很多手机的铃声服务,像我的这家,都是合法的。

 

S: So, how do I get hooked up?

这么说来,我要怎样才能弄到那种铃声?

 

J: You can get downloads from your wireless carrier or from third party sites. But first, you need a polyphonic phone.

你可以从手机的电信公司或是其他厂商的网站上下载。但是首先你必须有一支有和弦铃声的手机。

 

S: Avril’s right. That’s complicated.

艾薇儿说的对,这实在太复杂了。

 

J: Ha,ha.

哈哈。

 

S: Maybe it is time for a new phone. I want one of those fancy ones that take pictures and clean your apartment.

或许现在我该买支新手机了。我要一支那种很炫的,既能照像,又能清理公寓的。

 

J: They can’t do that yet!

目前手机还没那么厉害!

 

by Dana Wylie

 

Vocabulary

单词发音

 

sibling [ˋsɪblɪŋ] n. 兄弟姊妹

jam [dʒæm] v.(爵士乐手或摇滚乐手)即兴演奏

what’s the deal 怎么回事  something that you say in order to ask someone to explain what they have been doing or what they are planning to do

luddite [ˋlʌdaɪt] n. 强烈反对机械化或自动化的人

old-school 守旧派的

hook something up  连接..,接通..  to set something up and get it working.

polyphonic [pɑlɪˋfɑnɪk] adj. 多音的

 

 

Sentence of the Day

Jaeda’s phone comes with all the bells and whistles.

纪达的手机铃声变化万千、功能超炫。

 

bells and whistles  特殊部分或性能

 

 

 

Complicated by Avril Lavigne -

 

 

 

当前位置:首頁 英语教材 Intermediate English Trend (趋势) My Ringtone, Myself 手机铃声显示自我个性