EZCNN 易英网

当前位置:Home 英语教材 Intermediate English Music (音乐) The Mozart Effect? 莫扎特效应?

The Mozart Effect? 莫扎特效应?

 

课文朗读

 

课文讲解

 

繁體中文譯本

 

Cliff runs into Diane at record store:  克里夫在唱片行碰见黛安:

 

C: Hi Diane! Are you out on a CD buying spree?

嘿,黛安!妳现在心情好,出来搜购CD吗?

 

D: Sure am. I’m picking these CDs up for my two-month old baby.

心情当然好。我来替我两个月大的小宝宝买CD。

 

C: Hmmm…… Do you really think your baby is old enough to appreciate the entire works of Mozart?

嗯……妳真的认为妳的小宝宝已经大到能欣赏莫扎特的全套作品吗?

 

D: Are you aware that listening to classical music may enhance a baby’s brain development?

你知道吗?听古典音乐能加强小宝宝的脑部发育吗?

 

C: Really? I remember a study when college students who listened to Mozart scored higher in spatial-reasoning tests. But we’re talking about a baby.

真的吗?我记得有一份研究报告指出,听莫扎特音乐的大学生参加空间推理测验的成绩较高。不过我们现在谈的是小婴儿。

 

D: But I want to make certain my baby has every possible advantage.

但我想确定,让我的小宝宝能占尽所有可能的优势。

 

C: Come on. How can one prove that classical music sharpens any mental faculty?

少来。你怎么证明古典音乐能促进心智发展?

 

D: Well, there’s no definite evidence for any conclusion yet. However, two states in the U.S. have mandated the distribution of classical music to all families with newborn babies.

嗯,到目前为止是还没有确切的证据支持任何结论。然而,美国有两个州颁布法令,发古典音乐给有新生儿的家庭。

 

C: Is that so? But I don’t listen to music because I believe it will make me more intelligent.

是这样吗?不过并非因为相信音乐让我更聪明,我才听音乐。

 

D: And so you shouldn’t. A love of culture and the arts needs no justification.

是不该如此。对文化艺术的热爱是不需要任何借口的。

 

C: Well. I’m not much of a Mozart fan, but I do consider myself a man of culture.

嗯,我自认并非莫扎特音乐迷,但我自认是个文化人。

 

D: So what CD will you be culturing yourself with today?

那你今天用哪一片CD提升自己的文化?

 

C: Uhh… I was going to buy a Philip Glass CD, but I settled on Britney Spears instead.

喔…我原本想买菲利浦葛莱斯的CD,但我最后却买了小甜甜布兰妮的。

 

D: Ah. A true culture vulture.

啊,你这人可真是文化之鹰,胃口大又猛。

 

by Howie Phung

 

Vocabulary

单词发音

 

run into 偶然碰到

spree [spri] n. 无节制的狂热行为

spatial [ˋspeʃəl] n.【术语】空间的﹐关于空间的

faculty [ˋfæk!tɪ] n.(身体,精神的)机能,官能

mandate [ˋmændet] v.【尤美】命令﹐指示

justification [͵dʒʌstəfəˋkeʃən] n. 正当的理由;借口

settle on  选择, 决定 decide on, choose, pick, select

vulture [ˋvʌltʃɚ] n. 秃鹰; 贪心汉

 

 

Sentence of the Day

Maybe this will strike a chord.

或许这样能拨动心弦。

 

strike a chord  引起(某人)内心共鸣; 打动(某人)

 

 

 

 

当前位置:首頁 英语教材 Intermediate English Music (音乐) The Mozart Effect? 莫扎特效应?