The Art of Win-Win Negotiation 如何交涉双赢
- 详细资料
- 创建于 2004年5月26日
- 最后更新于 2024年5月25日
- 发布于 2011年6月28日
- 作者:Mike Lee
- 点击数:448
课文朗读
课文讲解
Finance Ministry officials Tom and Holly are about to meet with representatives of Accutant, a software manufacturer, to negotiate a licensing extension: 任职财政部的公职人员汤姆和荷莉,即将展开与亚固软件公司的业务代表商讨使用权延展的问题:
H: You’ve dealt with these guys before, haven’t you?
你以前已经和他们交过手了,对吧?
T: I was part of the team that negotiated the original contract three years ago.
我是三年前和他们交涉原始合约人马中的一员。
H: how did that go? I heard they were pretty inflexible with their prices.
那时的情况怎样?我听说他们对于价钱丝毫没有弹性。
T: To some extent. We got them down to US$85,000, but we had to agree to a three-year license in return.
在某种程度上是如此。我们把它杀到8万5千美元,但是相对地我们也必须同意他们三年的合约权利。
H: Dealing with these big multinationals can be intimidating. It seems like if you don’t pay what they ask, they’ll just walk out on you. Then you’re stuck without a contract.
要对付这些大型跨国公司是有点吓人。似乎如果你不同意他们的要求,他们会扭头就走。而结果你卡在那儿,合约没着落。
T: Maybe that’s what they want you to think. But it’s really in everyone’s interest to create a win-win situation. If you can identify what’s really important to the other side, you’ll find they’re usually willing to make concessions in other areas.
或许他们就是要妳那样想。不过倘若能创造双赢局面,说实在的对每个人都好。如果妳能确认对方阵营真正在意的是什么,妳会发现他们通常愿意在其他地方让步。
H: I guess the long-term contract was what was important to them.
我想长期合约对他们是重要的东西。
T: And price was our main concern.
而我们主要关切的是价钱。
H: What about training? Who paid for all those classes?
那训练呢?那些课程谁出钱?
T: The ministry absorbed those costs. We also ended up paying a lot for data backup. These issues are sure to come up during today’s meeting.
那些成分由部里吸收。我们最后还得负担很多数据备份的费用。今天的会议一定会提到这些议题。
Vocabulary
单词发音
inflexible [ɪnˋflɛksəb!] adj.〔态度﹑计划等〕顽固的﹐僵化的
multinational [ˋmʌltɪˋnæʃən!] n. 跨国公司
stuck [stʌk] adj. 卡住的; 没法进行下去的
concession [kənˋsɛʃən] n. 让步;让步行为
come up 被提及; 被讨论; 出现 to manifest itself; arise:
Sentence of the Day
Sound negotiations are a process of give and take.
良好的交涉是彼此互相妥协的过程。
give and take 互相忍让; 互相迁就
课文讲解
Tom and Holly have just concluded their meeting with Accountant: 汤姆和荷莉刚刚结束与亚固公司的会谈:
H: Am I glad that’s over! Four hours of hemming and hawing for a lousy 4 percent reduction!?
真高兴终于结束了!历时四小时的厮杀只为了区区百分之四的降价!?
T: I’m not sure we could have done any better. We only agreed to a one-year extension and refused to purchase their training package. Under the circumstances, I think we got the best deal possible.
我们这样已经是最好,不可能更好了。我们只应允展延一年,而且不购买他们的套装训练课程。在这种情况下,我想我们获得的可能是笔最棒的交易。
H: I guess we didn’t leave them much room to maneuver. You did a great job negotiating the financing terms. They seemed to have no problem deferring the initial payment until next year. That’ll save the ministry two to three thousand dollars a month.
我想我们没给他们太多转寰的空间。你谈财务融资条件这招做得很漂亮。把头期款延至明年付款,他们好像没什么异议,而这样部里每个月就可以节省两三千元。
T: I did a little research before the meeting. Accutant’s annual report mentions that sales-rep bonuses are paid a flat percentage of total sales, so the timing of the payment is really not an issue.
开会前我做过个小小的调查。亚固公司的年报上提到业务代表的红利拿多少,看的是整体销售额的固定百分比,所以付款时间其实不是真正的重点。
H: Geez, Tom. That’s really doing your homework.
哦,汤姆。你真正有在做功课。
T: Well, it doesn’t always pay off like that, but it never hurts to know who you’re dealing with.
不过,有时候并不完全见效,但先搞清楚自己的对手总是没错。
H: I guess Accuntant should’ve known who they were up against.
我想亚固公司他们应该先搞清楚对付的是什么人。
T: Maybe they did; personally, I’m still worried about our data backup costs.
或许他们知道;不过我还是担心我们的数据备份费用。
H: Hey, there’s no way we could have economized more than we did. After work, let’s grab a beer.
嘿,我们已经是省了不能再省。下班后我们喝杯啤酒去吧。
T: That’s the best offer I’ve had all day!
今天一整天就属妳这个提议最棒!
-by David Katz
Vocabulary
单词发音
hem and haw 结结巴巴地说, 吞吞吐吐地说, 支支吾吾地说
hem [hɛm] v. 发哼声;清嗓子
haw [hɔ] v. 哈哈大笑
lousy [ˋlaʊzɪ] adj. 卑鄙的;讨厌的
maneuver [məˋnuvɚ] v. 巧妙地操纵(或处理)
defer [dɪˋfɝ] v. 推迟,使展期
flat [flæt] adj.(费用,价格等)均一的,一律的
geez [dʒiz] int. 感叹词【口】(表示惊奇、愤怒等)哎呀!
economize [ɪˋkɑnə͵maɪz] v. 节约,节省
Sentence of the Day
Tom had an ace up his sleeve.
汤姆备有锦囊妙计。
have….up one’s sleeve 有……妙計