EZCNN 易英网

当前位置:Home 英语教材 Intermediate English Entertainment (娱乐) Climbing Up Everest at the IMAX 登峰造极的视觉飨宴:IMAX

Climbing Up Everest at the IMAX 登峰造极的视觉飨宴:IMAX

 

课文朗读

 

课文讲解

 

繁體中文譯本

 

Maude and Walter are outside the IMAX Theater.  茉德和华特在IMAX戏院外。

 

M: Look at the size of that Ferris wheel! I wonder how high that thing is!

你看那摩天轮的尺寸!真想知道有多高!

 

W: Ugh. I don’t want to think about it.

喔,我没什么兴趣耶。

 

M: Oh, c’mon, don’t be such a scaredy-cat. Let’s ride it. It looks like fun!

哎呀,别像个胆小鬼似的。我们去搭搭看,好像很有趣呦!

 

Walter checks his watch. 华特看看手表。

 

W: Um, we have to go get our tickets now.

呃,我们现在得去取票了。

 

M: Why? I thought you booked our tickets on-line. Our seats are already reserved.

为什么?我已为你早就在线订票了,我们的位子已经预约好了呀。

 

W: Yeah, but we have to get the tickets a half-hour before the show.

没错,但是在开演前半小时我们得先去拿票。

 

M: But, we have an hour. That’s enough time!

可是,我们还有一小时,时间还够嘛!

 

W: And there will be a long line at the concession stand. Let’s go.

这样的话,在贩卖处就会排队很久。走吧走吧。

 

M: But …

可是……

 

W: And I don’t want to miss the trailers. I love seeing movie previews.

而且我才不想错过预告片呢,我喜欢看电影预告片。

 

M: OK, OK. Maybe we can take a ride after the show.

好啦,好啦!等看完电影后我们可以去坐个游乐设备。

 

Walter and Maude walk by the concession stand.华特和茉德经过贩卖处。

 

W: I’m starving! I’m going to order three hot dogs. How about an ice cream for you? I know you love ice cream.

我快饿死了!我想要点三支热狗,帮妳点冰淇淋怎样?我知道妳喜欢吃冰淇淋。

 

M: I wouldn’t mind a chocolate ice cream cone.

那我要巧克力口味的甜筒。

 

W: Good choice!

有眼光!

 

Walter orders the food.  (华特点餐)

 

W: So what have you heard about Everest?

关于《圣母峰》这部片,妳有听人家说过吗?

 

M: Well, my friend Tina told me it was spectacular. A team of mountain climbers hauled this heavy camera up to the summit of Mt. Everest.

嗯,我朋友蒂娜说这部片棒透了!故事是讲一个登山团队将笨重的摄影机扛上圣母峰顶。

 

W: Wow, that sounds dangerous.

哇,听起来蛮危险的。

 

M: It sure was. They had to climb over icy cliffs and deep chasms to get the shots.

没错!他们要攀越冰滑的峭壁,还要越过万丈深渊才能拍摄这部片。

 

W: Cliffs? Chasms? It sounds like a horror movie!

峭壁?深渊?好像恐怖片喔!

 

Vocabulary

单词发音

 

ferris wheel 摩天轮

scaredy-cat 胆小鬼 one who is excessively fearful and timid

concession [kənˋsɛʃən] n.【美】(在指定地点的)营业权,商场使用权;营业场所

trailer [ˋtrelɚ] n. 电影预告片;预告节目 a short filmed advertisement for a movie; a preview

Everest [ˋɛvərɪst] n. 埃佛勒斯峰(世界最高峰),圣母峰

haul [hɔl] v. 拖,拉,搬运 to pull or drag forcibly

summit [ˋsʌmɪt] n.(山等)尖峰,峰顶

chasm [ˋkæzəm] n. 峡谷;深渊 adeep, steep-sided opening in the earth's surface; an abyss or gorge

 

 

 

课文讲解

 

They are walking to their seats in the IMAX Theater.  他们走进IMAX戏院找座位。

 

M: Look at that screen! This movie is going to be awesome.

看看那银幕!这部片子一定超炫!

 

W: Yeah! I heard the screen is eight stories high!

对呀,我听说这银幕有八层楼高呢。

 

They get to their seats. A man is sitting in Walter’s seat他们找到座位了。有一男子坐在华特的位子。

 

W: Excuse me; you’re sitting in my seat.

先生,这是我的座位。

 

Man: No kidding?

没搞错吧?!

 

Walter shows him his ticket. The man moves to another seat.  华特秀出电影票给他看。男子移到其他座位。

 

M: These are great seats.

这座位真棒!

 

W: Yes, it pays to plan ahead.

当然啰,看看是谁规划的约会呀。

 

M: I’ve been looking forward to this movie. Could you imagine being on top of the world?

我好期待这部片喔!你有想象过自己置身在世界最高峰峰顶吗?

 

W: I don’t think I could take it.

我想我会受不了。

 

M: Because of the frigid, sub-zero temperatures? The deadly snowstorms? The Abominable Snowman?

是因为酷寒的零下温度?致命的暴风雪?还是喜马拉雅雪人?

 

W: No. The height.

都不是。是高度。

 

M: The height?

高度?

 

W: Never mind. Umm …. this is going to be a great movie ….

没事,嗯……这部片一定很精采……

 

Maude and Walter are watching the movie.  茉德和华特正在看电影。

 

M: Look at that scenery! It’s stunning!

哇!看看这场景!真是太惊人了!

 

Walter is very uncomfortable.  华特看起来已经非常不对劲。

 

W: Yes.

嗯。

 

M: Are you OK?

你还好吧?

 

W: Yes, I’m fine.

嗯,还好。

 

M: Look at that chasm. I would hate to fall into that.

哇!你看那万丈深渊!掉下去一定惨兮兮。

 

Walter suddenly faints. 华特突然晕倒。

 

M: Walter!

华特!

 

Walter and Maude are outside the theater. Walter is recovering.  茉德和华特在剧场外。华特渐渐恢复神智。

 

W: That movie was so realistic. I felt I was actually scaling Everest.

这部电影实在太逼真了!我真的以为自己就在圣母峰峰顶。

 

M: But why did you faint?

可是那你为什么会晕倒?

 

W: I … just don’t … like … heights.

因……因为我有……惧高症。

 

M: So … that’s why you didn’t want to ride the Ferris wheel?

这就是你不想搭摩天轮的原因?!

 

W: Yes. I’m sorry I ruined our date.

嗯,真抱歉我搞砸了这次的约会。

 

M: Oh, it’s alright. We all have our hang-ups. I’m not too fond of spiders myself.

喔,没关系啦。每个人都会有小毛病啊!像我自己就非常讨厌蜘蛛。

 

W: Then it’s good thing we didn’t see Eight-Legged Freaks in the IMAX Theater.

那还好我们不是在IMAX看「八脚怪」。

 

M: That would be a nightmare come true! Anyway, I know another ride we can take.

那我的恶梦就成真了!没关系,我知道我们可以搭什么了。

 

W: Really?

真的吗?

 

Maude and Walter ride the merry-go-round茉德和华特去坐旋转木马。

 

End

 

Vocabulary

单词发音

 

awesome [ˋɔsəm] adj. 令人敬畏的;可怕的 inspiring or displaying awe

Abominable Snowman(传说中的)喜马拉雅山雪人

abominable [əˋbɑmənəb!] adj. 可恶的,令人讨厌的

stunning [ˋstʌnɪŋ] adj.【口】极漂亮的,绝色的 impressive; surprising

scale [skel] v. 攀登

faint [fent] v.昏厥,晕倒; adj. 行将昏厥的 to fall into a usually brief state of unconsciousness

hang-up【美】【口】(精神或感情上的)烦恼,焦虑;困难,问题 a psychological or emotional difficulty or inhibition

 

by Roberto Azula

 

 

 

Scaredy Cat - Looney Tunes - 1948

 

 

 

当前位置:首頁 英语教材 Intermediate English Entertainment (娱乐) Climbing Up Everest at the IMAX 登峰造极的视觉飨宴:IMAX