EZCNN 易英网

当前位置:Home 英语教材 Intermediate English Family Matters (家庭烦恼事) Raising a Reader 培养小读者

Raising a Reader 培养小读者

 

课文朗读

 

课文讲解

 

繁體中文譯本

 

Dustin is pushing a stroller through the park; he does not notice his friend, Marie:  达斯汀正推着婴儿车穿越公园;他没注意到他的朋友玛莉:

 

D: Wow! Look at the beautiful fountain and those pretty, pink flowers. Ooh! We’re going through a gate!

哇唔!妳看,那里有个美丽的喷泉,还有许多美丽的粉红色花朵。喔!我们正穿过一道门…

 

M: Dustin, are you talking to yourself?

达斯汀,你在自言自语吗?

 

D: Oh, hi, Marie! I’m giving Joshua a reading lesson.

喔,嗨,玛莉!我正在给贾书亚上阅读课呢!

 

M: Then shouldn’t you be using a book? I can lend you one of those big, textured books that develop babies’ sense of touch.

那么你不需要用到书吗?我可以借你一本那种培养小孩子触感的大本的触觉书。

 

D: He’s already got a library full of those, thanks. But just talking to an infant with your normal speaking voice during everyday activities can be really beneficial.

谢谢,他已经有满屋子的那种书。但只要用平常说话的声音,在日常生活的作息当中跟婴儿说话就很有帮助了。

 

M: I guess; I did read somewhere that it exposes them to the rhythms of language.

我想也是如此;我在某些地方读过,那样子可以让他们置身在语言的韵律之中。

 

D: It’s true: babies can find patterns in the sounds and gain understanding of language structure, especially with repetition.

没错:小婴儿会发现声音的模式,然后慢慢了解语言的结构,特别是借着复诵的方式。

 

M: Which helps when raising a reader – did you know that half of a child’s brain-development occurs before age four?

这样子做可以帮助培养一个小读者…你知道小孩子的大脑发育有一半是在四岁之前完成的吗?

 

D: I did, which is why I’m getting in as much instruction as I can now: these are Joshua’s most crucial formative years.

我知道啊!那就是为什么现在我尽可能多读指导手册,这几年是贾书亚最重要的成型期。

 

M: Uh-oh. Obviously our parents didn’t do such a good job with us when we were toddlers.

喔哦,显然我们的父母在我们的学步时期(一两岁时)没有做好这样的工作。

 

D: Why do you say that?

怎么说?

 

M: See that sign? It says Restricted Area: Stay out!

看到那个告示牌没有?上面说:「禁区:禁止进入!」

 

Vocabulary

单词发音

 

stroller [ˋstrolɚ] n.【美】折迭式婴儿车

textured [ˋtɛkstʃɚd] adj. 质地粗糙的

infant [ˋɪnfənt] n.【文或术语】幼儿﹐ 婴儿

beneficial [͵bɛnəˋfɪʃəl] adj. 有益的;有利的

repetition [͵rɛpɪˋtɪʃən] n. 重复;反复

crucial [ˋkruʃəl] adj. 决定性的,重要的

formative [ˋfɔrmətɪv] adj. 影响性格形成的﹐塑造性格的

toddler [ˋtɑdlɚ] n. 学步的小孩;蹒跚行走者

restricted [rɪˋstrɪktɪd] adj.〔尤指在法律或规则上〕受限制的﹐受约束的

 

 

Sentence of the Day

Joking aside.

言归正传。

 

joking aside: being serious for a moment; in all seriousness

 

 

 

课文讲解

 

Mrs. Liu approached Teacher Jeremy during a parent-teacher meeting:  刘太太在学校的家长会时走近杰里米老师:

 

L: How’s little Leo doing in class?

我们家小力欧在学校表现如何啊?

 

J: Wonderfully: phonics, grammar, behavior – everything’s above par. Everything except reading.

棒极了:不管是拼音啦、文法呀或操行啊,都在标准之上,除了阅读以外。

 

L: Really? I had no idea Leo had trouble reading! How could I? He never reads to me at home.

真的吗?我一点都不知道小力欧有阅读上的问题!我怎么会知道呢?他在家从来没念书给我听。

 

J: That’s probably why he’s fallen behind: it’s not enough for most children just to read at school. Reading at home serves as priceless reinforcement of what he’s learning in class.

那或许就是他跟不上人家的原因:对大部分的孩子而言,仅在学校念书是不够的。在家里念书是强化上课所学最好的方法。

 

L: OK, from now on I’ll make time for him to read to me. And I’ll read him a bedtime story every night.

好,从现在开始,我会拨时间让他念给我听。我也会每晚念床边故事给他听。

 

J: Great! Let Leo read along with you. And, if you ever reread a story, try and pause occasionally so he can recall what word comes next.

很好!让小力欧跟着妳一起念。如果妳重复念同一个故事,试着偶尔停下来,让他可以想起来下一个字是什么。

 

L: I’ll take that on board. Anything else?

我知道了,还有其他的吗?

 

J: Yeah. It’s important to try and take reading out of the classroom and make it a fun part of his everyday life.

是啊!很重要的一件事就是把阅读带到教室外,让这件事成为每日生活中有趣的部分。

 

L: Like asking him to read signs and labels?

就像是叫他念出标示和标签的意思?

 

J: Precisely.

一点都没错。

 

L: That’s great: we’re heading to the supermarket after school today.

太好了:我们今天下课后要去超市。

 

J: Well, while you’re there, you should pick up some books on his favorite subject: it’s that kind of books that’ll best boost his interest in reading.

嗯,妳去那里的时候,应该挑一些他最喜欢的主题:就是那种最能够激发他阅读兴趣的书。

 

L: Oh, no! Not more Digimon!

噢,糟糕,不要又是数码宝贝!

 

by Howie Phung

 

Vocabulary

单词发音

 

phonics [ˋfɑnɪks] n. 读音法〔一种教人阅读的方法〕

par [pɑr] n. 平均,标准

reinforcement [͵riɪnˋforsmənt] n. 强化; 加强﹐ 加固

make time 腾出时间

recall [rɪˋkɔl] v. 回想,回忆

take on board 考虑,接受 to understand and accept ideas and opinions which may change the way you behave in the future

boost [bust] v. 推动;促进

 

 

Sentence of the Day

No one should be subjected to that.

不该有人为那件事而受害。

 

subject [ˋsʌbdʒɪkt] v. 使经受; 使遭受[(+to)]